Work in Progress
- Quality Unknown: The Invisible Water Crisis (with Damania, R., Desbureaux, S., Rodella, A.S., Russ, J.), 2019, The World Bank Group, Washington, DC.
- Role of irrigation in changing wheat yields and heat sensitivity in India (with Lobell, D), 2019, Nature Communications
- Uncharted Waters: The New Economics of Water Scarcity (with Damania, R., Desbureaux, S., Hyland, M., Moore, S., Islam, A., Rodella, A.S., Russ, J.), 2017, The World Bank Group, Washington, DC.
- Invisible water, visible impact: groundwater use and Indian agriculture under climate change (with Grogan, D., Frolking, S., Fisher-Vanden, K., Lammers, R.B., Wrenn, D.H., Prusevich, A., Nicholas, R. 2016. Environmental Research Letters
- Impact of Rainfall-Induced Agricultural Shocks on Global Cropland Expansion. (with Russ, J. and Damania, R.) Submitted.
- The Impact of Water Access on Short-term Migration in Rural India (with Wrenn, D.H. and Fisher-Vanden, K.). Submitted
- The Nitrogen Legacy: The Long-term Effects of Water Pollution on Human Capital, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper ( with Russ, J., Desbureaux, S., Damania, R., Rodella, A.S., Ribeiro, G.)
- Salt of the Earth: Quantifying the Impact of Water Salinity on Global Agricultural Productivity, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper ( with Russ, J., Damania, R., Desbureaux, S., Escurra, J., Rodella, A.S.)
- Does Rainfall Matter for Economic Growth? Evidence from Global Sub-National Data (1990–2014) World Bank Policy Research Working Paper (Damania, R., Desbureaux, S. )
- The Impact of Water Quality on GDP Growth: Evidence from Around the World (with Desbureaux, S., Damania, R., Rodella, A.S., Russ, J.)
Work in Progress
- The water gap: Environmental effects of agricultural subsidies in India (with Chatterjee, S. and Lamba, R. )
- Arc of Irrigation Development in South Asia
- Indian Crop Yield Responsiveness to Weather Shocks and Modeling Decisions ( with D'Agostino, A.)